Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb 17: Oi Familia!


Oi familia, tudo bem? 

What an incredible week!

Transfers are on Thursday and last night we got our phone calls... Sister S is leaving! I am staying and training! Big changes are coming! Sister S is incredible and she is going to do great work in her new area. She will probably be Spanish speaking. 

On Wednesday we had Zone training. It was an incredible meeting and I learned a lot! At the end we talked about finding prepared people...

So afterwards Sister S and I went out to find some prepared people. We tried to visit the H Family. Not home, so we went around the complex. We met a lady named D on her porch, watching her three grandkids. We talked to her, she was very nice, we found out she was looking but hadn't found a church in a while where she felt comfortable. I told her we would love to share more of our message with her and Sister S said the words I was thinking! "Could we share more with you right now?" I'm so grateful for a companion who acts on the spirit! D said yes and got some chairs for us! So we sat on the porch, opened with a prayer, shared the first lesson, and recited the first vision to her. After the first vision -the Spirit was very strong- there was a slight pause, and then D said "Wow. ...Wow! That is.. incredible!"  Sister S invited her to be baptized. D said "Yes...but I’ve already been baptized." We continued to teach her about the restoration of the priesthood through Joseph Smith. We got another incredible reaction from her. "Wow! ...Wow. That's amazing. This is just amazing." She then continued to explain to us that her own baptism wasn't done by proper authority.  "So that means that I haven't actually been baptized! That's so silly... all this time I'm walking around thinking I'm baptized, but actually I'm not! And that means that every other church that thinks it is baptizing people actually isn't because they don't have the authority."   Wow, D is incredible! The first vision is truly powerful! She and others, like Ni that we are teaching, have recognized the truth of that experience as soon as they heard it!  

Also on Wednesday, we met with Brother M again! He has been so sick with multiple serious health problems... and he is trying to deal with his father's recent death and handling his will all at the same time! Every time I am around Brother M I feel Heavenly Father's love for him so strongly! I feel like he is one of the reasons I am here in Texas! We have only taught him maybe 3 times, but every time, I feel the Spirit so strongly that I can't keep my legs from shaking!  And we haven't even taught him any of the basic lessons yet. We've tried teaching the plan of salvation, but he just has so many questions that we always end up back in the Book of Mormon, reading and helping him find faith in Christ. They have been powerful lessons and have helped me learn what it means to teach to a person's need. We are excited to teach him the restoration next time we are able to meet! Last lesson he described how he felt like he was at a gate or doorway and that he had to step through it or not... Sister S and I were both thinking "baptism!! It's the gate!" we invited him to be baptized...he said he is getting very close. 

An and Ni are both progressing and excited about their baptism. They are incredible people!  

On Saturday, Mi and her children, Ch and Little Ja were baptized into the kingdom of God on earth! On Sunday they received the gift of the Holy Ghost! They are making an incredible journey and have overcome many challenges in becoming part of His true church, becoming part of a loving ward family, and knowing that God loves them! 

I feel so BLESSED!  

I hope you are each doing well! I love you! 

Chau!
-Sister Greenall
 
 
I'm going to miss this Sister!!!
 
 
 
Mi, Ch, and Little Ja after their baptism
 
 
Ab, Mu, Ja (baptized a few weeks ago), Me, and He (future missionary)
 
 
Only in Texas can you find multiple foods in the shape of the state!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment