Monday, June 30, 2014

Jun 2: Miracles in Merrilltown


Hi family!

As always, I don't know where to begin.

Brother M has had a wonderful week as a member of the church.

We were surprised this week to be informed that C (S's husband) has decided to be baptized! S was baptized in September. C will be baptized this Saturday. Parting-the-red-sea-kind-of-miracle? Yes!

This week we have met several new investigators!

Recent converts are doing well.

Another miracle: (the power of fasting is very, very real)

Yesterday my companions and I decided to fast specifically for L. We were seeking guidance of how to help her understand the need for being baptized into this church by Christ's true authority.

We had thought she was going to come to church, but were sad to see she didn't come. But while we were there, another sister in the ward (who became facebook friends with L) said that L had messaged her and told her she couldn't come to church because she needed to go pick up her daughter or something, but that she would definitely come next week. So we felt better. Later that evening, at about 6pm, we wanted to visit her. We sent her a text and asked if we could stop by that night, she said yes, and we asked if we could come by right then, and she said yes! We got there, and she was waiting outside on her porch. She asked if we had gotten her texts. We hadn't! She showed us on her phone. She had texted us several times, telling us that she wasn't going to be able to come to church because her daughter needed her, but apparently our phone is having some problems! She asked, "Did you get my text about June 14th?" We said no... She said something along the lines of, "Well, I've decided to go through with being baptized! I want to do it!" She then explained more to us, asked what it all entails, and said, "I am committed to this baptism!"

So many incredible things happening! As always, the windows of heaven are open, and the Lord is directing His work!

This coming week we have exchanges. I will be leaving Merrilltown for the first time! (even my one exchange back when I was in the Mount Bonnell ward, I went to Merrilltown on the exchange, so I've never actually left Merrilltown for an exchange!)

I love this work! I love this area! I love these people!! And I love Christ and His gospel! We are so blessed! I can even comprehend how good and merciful our Father in Heaven is.

I love y'all and hope you continue having wonderful weeks!

Love,
Sister Greenall

Danica reports to the MTC in how many days?? 23??

No comments:

Post a Comment