Monday, June 30, 2014

Jun 23: Hello!


Hi Family!

I only have about 12 minutes to write, so I will keep it brief! Today we are going to an activity with the other missionaries. About once a transfer a family in the stake invites the missionaries over on a P-day. I've been about 3 times before. They have a very large property (soft ball field, tennis courts, basketball, soccer, etc) and they invite us over and provide lunch for us. It will be a fun trip and it will be the first time going for my two companions.

It has been a wonderful week. I am learning a lot!

Last night we received transfer calls from President Slaughter! (He only calls if you are becoming a trainer or moving to a leadership position.) He told us that Sister T and Sister J will be staying in Merrilltown! That was wonderful news!! I know that they will do a wonderful job of taking care of the people here! I will be transferring and have been asked to be a Sister Training Leader.

On Sunday at church I received a lot of guidance and answers to questions. Sacrament meeting was wonderful. The days leading up to Sunday, I focused more on the Sacrament and truly desired to be healed and have my burdens lifted. As I took the Sacrament on Sunday, I felt the relief and peace that can only come because Jesus Christ is my personal Savior. I am so grateful for Him! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to access His Atonement on a regular basis.

In Relief Society, we talked about weaknesses and strengths and Christ's saving power. I've realized that what I thought was a strength of mind- patience- isn't quite as much of a strength as I thought it was! Lately I have been feeling a lot of pressure, like a weight on my shoulders. I finally realized during that lesson that I was feeling that way because I was expecting MYSELF to make myself more patient. On Sunday I realized that isn't at all how it works! Christ isn't our Savior so that he can watch us go through life trying to make ourselves perfect on our own! He is our Savior so that when our own strength isn't enough- or our own patience isn't enough- he can BE our strength. He can give us some of HIS strength, or HIS patience.

So while my patience and strength were feeling like a rubber band that was being stretched to breaking point, I've finally realized that the solution wasn't what I thought it was. I thought I just had to keep stretching my rubber band a little further and a little further to increase my patience. ...But the reality is that one rubber band only has so much capacity. The rubber band just wasn't made for that much stretching! I think sometimes what actually happens is that we stretch our rubber band a little more and a little more, and instead of become a bigger rubber band like we though it would, it just snaps! What determines whether we progress or digress at that point is whether we turn to the Savior or whether we turn to ourselves and find that there is no solution and we are broken. If we choose to turn to the Savior, we will find that he can give us a bigger rubber band, with greater stretching capacity! He can literally give us more patience. His patience. He will be our strength when our own is not enough!


I'm grateful for a Savior who is the solution to EVERYTHING. Who is willing to give selflessly and endlessly to help us achieve the eternal potential our Father sees in us.

I love y'all!

Thank you for your prayers, love, and support. Your letters and emails are so encouraging!

Love,
Sister Greenall

No comments:

Post a Comment