Monday, August 11, 2014

Aug 11: The Good Ol' TSAM

From Erica's Mom:  Thank you for all of your prayers on behalf of Sister Erica Greenall and her visa.  As of last Friday, my hopes for Erica's visa were dimmed as I was told by the church travel department that in checking on the status of her FBI clearance letter, that it was mailed by the FBI to our California address and that I would need to track it down when it arrived there.  So I spent the weekend contacting friends in California to find out who the current occupants of our old house are and how to contact them.  Then we had a miracle today, when the church travel agent let me know that the FBI clearance letter was received by their office today and he would be resubmitting her visa package again asap.  Thank you for your prayers! :)
 
Also, in an email last week, Sister Greenall ask if I could go through her clothes at home and see if any were mission appropriate as she really needed some new clothes and needed a more professional look now that she is a Sister Training Leader but hadn't been able to squeeze in any time to go shopping.  I looked through her clothes and found nothing that would work so I was able to find a few simple mix and match outfits at Walmart and put them in the mail (with the receipt in case they did not work)...luckily they actually fit AND she actually likes them.  There is two more missionary miracles for the week. :) (see photo below)
 
 
Reply from Sister Erica Greenall:
Mom!!! I cannot thank you enough for your email and for the package you sent and for everything! You are always so encouraging and supportive. THANK YOU!! The clothes you sent are perfect. Thank you!! I am enjoying them and it is SO nice to have new clothes to wear and believe it or not, the skirts and shirts and shrugs are much more cool and summer friendly than what I have been wearing, so thank you!! I now feel like a more dignified missionary :) 
 
 
 

Hello!

I was so happy reading y'alls emails that I finished and was about to log off when I realized I hadn't even sent out an email!

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement.

Every week in the mission is a week of miracles.

Ar passed his baptismal interview this week and will be getting baptized next Saturday!

Some of the biggest miracles I have seen this week have been priesthood blessings.

The authority and power to act in Christ's name has been restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith by John the Baptist, Peter, James, and John.

I know that this power is real!

It is an incredible thing to see someone receive a blessing of healing or comfort for the first time who has never before had first-hand experience with that power. (Or even seen or known about the true priesthood authority!)

The gospel is true! This is Christ's church! The Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. Everything we do and teach in Christ's church comes from the fullness of the gospel as revealed in the Book of Mormon and through the prophet Joseph Smith.

Covenants are essential. God fulfills His promises to those who keep their covenants.

Jesus Christ lives and knows us!

People are prepared to receive the message of the restored gospel! As we strive to be part of the Lord's work - to be instruments for Him - we will be led to those people and they will be led to us! We had one of those experiences last night as a man came up to us and asked if we were ministering! We shared the message of the Restoration with him and as he prayed before we left, he thanked God for leading him to us!

I love being a missionary and I love this work!

All in!

Love,
  Sister Greenall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment