Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug 25: Week 2 of Transfer 2 in Castle Hills


Oi Familia!

We have seen many miracles this week. We have been blessed with many people to teach. We are finding new investigators and several are progressing!

We went on exchanges this week and I had the opportunity to serve with Hermana R here in Castle Hills for the day! Hermana R is from El Salvador, so I got to practice lots of Spanish and Portuguese with her. We had lot of appointments and had a great time!

We had Zone Training and Interviews with President Slaughter on Friday- both were great!

On Friday we had dinner with the W Family, and they gave me a bike to use! (Sister S and I are trying to conserve miles!) We took the bus one day, and on Saturday we biked! It was a nice hot, biking day! (Gave me a very big appreciation to all those biking missionaries! I was thinking, "Sister Danica Greenall gets to do this every day in the Texas sun!!")

This morning I was reading from President Monson's last conference talk "Love - The Essence of the Gospel."

In his talk he quoted Spencer W. Kimball, "We must remember that those mortals we meet in parking lots, offices, elevators, and elsewhere are that portion of mankind God has given us to love and to serve. It will do us little good to speak of the general brotherhood of mankind if we cannot regard those who are all around us as our brothers and sisters."

President Monson also said, "Beyond comprehension, my brothers and sisters, is the love of God for us. Because of this love, He sent His Son, who loved us enough to give His life for us, that we might have eternal life. As we come to understand this incomparable gift, our hearts will be filled with love for our Eternal Father, for our Savior, and for all mankind."

I love that promise that as we come to understand the gift of God's Son, our hearts will be filled with

1.) love for our Eternal Father
2.) love for our Savior
3.) love for all mankind

I know that love truly is the essence of the gospel. I know that we are surrounded by those around us for a purpose. God loves His children (that's us!). Jesus Christ lives and loves us! We are brothers and sisters!

I hope y'all have another superb week!

Love,
Sister E. Greenall


No comments:

Post a Comment