Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sep 15: Transfers


Hello family!

What a great week!

A is doing so well! We had a wonderful lesson with her and her boyfriend Al. The sign language interpreter that came this time, Sister C, is great! I feel such a connection to A.

We received transfer calls last night! It was a big surprise for us. We both expected my companion Sister S would be leaving! But we were shocked to hear that I am also leaving! It is a double out! I will be going to the Border (not sure where yet.) All I know is that I will meet at the church on Wednesday to ride in the van down to the border. Changes are happening! Sister S will be finishing the training of a new missionary and so will I. Sister S will do great!!

If you would like to send a letter this week, perhaps it is best to send it to the Mission Office:
404 E. Ramsey Rd. #105
San Antonio, TX 78216

It is hard to leave our precious area and all of these people who we love with all our hearts!! But we are confident that the next missionaries who come in will take good care of them- after all, they are TSAMmers! (Texas San Antonio Mission missionaries!)

The Lord is truly doing His work. God works in mysterious ways - but His ways are wonderful, beautiful, miraculous! If we can get past the initial fear, heartache, tears, frustration of His plan unfolding, and open our eyes and hearts to His Will, we will begin to see how marvelously He does His work!!

I love this gospel! I love this work! I love the Lord!

I love the TSAM - the missionaries and the people here. I love the privilege it is to be a double assigned missionary! I love how the Lord has shaped me as I have "pushed against the rock" (Dad!) He has taught me lessons that I couldn't have learned in other ways. Today I was thinking about how grateful I am for the miracle the Lord has worked in my life this past year. After a year of praying and pleading, the Lord has not yet changed my physical location (although He HAS worked miracles in the visa process!), but He has truly changed me. And that is a far greater miracle than anything I could ever ask for. He has changed my heart, strengthened me, taught me, lifted me.

I was very touched by this line from President Slaughter's email today: "The message of the Restoration is not what you say–it is who you are. It is your faith; it is your testimony, your goodness, your passion. Who you are speaks volumes more than what you say. It is how you live, how you talk, how you walk. And the more you allow the gospel to change you, the greater the message you become to the world."

Have a wonderful week. The Lord trusts us. He loves us!

All in!

Sister E. Greenall
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment