Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sep 1: ASL and Exchanges


Hi Family!

What a miracle week! I am going to keep it really brief since the other sisters are waiting for us to go to El Mercado today!

We are seeing miraculous growth in our teaching pool. Our number of progressing investigators has increased drastically! I went on two exchanges this week. I love working with these sisters! I am learning so much! As President Slaughter says, "Any calling is a call to repentance!" The Lord is teaching me how to repent! I am grateful!

On Saturday we met a new investigator, A! She is deaf! We met her while walking around an apartment complex! I was able to use the little ASL I know to teach her the Restoration and share the Book of Mormon. After explaining the Book of Mormon and asking if she would like to read it, she signed to me that she would, and that she likes this book!

Later I realized that we had made a return appointment with her but had forgotten to invite her to church!

So we rode our bikes back over, I kicked her door (Before my mission when I went out with the sisters, one of the ASL sisters had told me that that is what you are supposed to do when knocking at a deaf person's home... and it worked!) and a man answered! He was also deaf. A, who we had met earlier joined us, and we invited them both to church! They wanted to come but asked if they could get a ride somehow. So we told them that we would find a friend who could pick them up tomorrow at 12:30 and who knew ASL.

...a very specific promise! (We had no idea who it would be, but we took a step of faith!)

The next day A came to church, she got a ride from one of the members who is in the singles ward who is learning to be a certified ASL interpreter, and we even had another sister there to help with interpretation. That was one of my favorite ever sacrament meetings. It was an incredible testimony meeting and fast Sunday.

Miracles are everywhere!

I love this work. I LOVE being in the TSAM. I love this gospel!!! I love the peace that fills our lives as we become more fully converted to Christ.

I love y'all!
-Sister E. Greenall


The Yellow Rose of Texas at El Mercado

No comments:

Post a Comment